- This event has passed.
Girls Day at Cardiff White Water Center
October 15, 2017 - October 16, 2017
Come along for a celebration of female paddling at Cardiff International White Water
The course will be on a 4,6 then 8 Cumecs – perfect for all abilities and beginners can use the bottom pool!
There will be *FREE* Demos from Canoe and Kayak Store Cardiff for all females on the course, as well as *FREE* Surfers Ear checks and Impressions from Surfplugs for everyone!
The day will be full of fun and games, aimed at helping female paddlers progress and make new paddling buddies!
We will be running courses on the day including:
– Beginners courses on the bottom pool – NO experience necessary!
– Whitewater progression and confidence building with Dragonfly Adventures Ltd on the 4 & 6 Cumecs – approx 2.5 hours – £25 per person!
This will include:
Making eddies confidently
Reading the river and choosing lines
– Waveplay workshop with Dragonfly Adventures Ltd – during 8 cumec session – £5 per person
– Rolling workshop (time slot must be booked) – £5 per person
– A bespoke uncertified safety course in the afternoon with Cardiff International White Water staff!
The safety course will include throw-bagging, defensive swimming, boat rescuing and more!
For only £6.50 per person (we have 4 instructors so max 24 people – must be booked to avoid disappointment)
– Bespoke 1:1 and group paddling courses are available – Please message UK Kayakers page to book and enquire about ALL courses!
– Due to the booking of instructors, we cannot issue refunds for cancellations for the courses less than 3 weeks in advance –
*Please note* To paddle on the course you will need a current membership card (£5 per year) and pay for the day (£12.50 or with valid NUS Card £5)
All welcome!Like the article? Help us out! We want to keep bringing you the best paddling features and news.